Harrington House

Freeport Historical Society is headquartered at Harrington House, an 1830 Greek Revival building listed in the National Register of Historic Places, and a part of Freeport's Main Street Historic District.  Our Harrington House site includes our administrative offices, our exhibit space and research archives.

Call us at 207-865-3170

Email info@freeporthistoricalsociety.org

Or reach us the traditional way at:

45 Main Street

Freeport, Maine 04032

Historic Pettengill Farm

Pettengill Road, Freeport, Maine

Freeport Historical Society also owns and manages Historic Pettengill Farm, a 140-acre property abutting the Harrasseeket River just over a mile from downtown Freeport.  The property, the site of a former saltwater farm, is open to the public year-round during daylight hours, free of charge.  There are several marked trails for hiking.  

The c.1800 saltbox farmhouse is closed to the public, to aid its preservation.  It is open for tours by appointment and on Pettengill Farm Day.

Please note that access to Pettengill Farm is by foot only; visitors must park at the end of Pettengil Road.  The walk is about 15 minutes along an easy incline.

  Dogs are prohibited at Pettengill Farm.

45 Main Street

Freeport, Maine 04032

(207) 865-3170

info@freeporthistoricalsociety.org

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software